Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Good Day

Today was such a good day. Well, not for David who is at work on a Sunday morning, preparing for a trial.

But while he toils away, Ellie, Brendan and I had a lovely morning at the Museum of Science and Industry. Brendan loved the trains. Hell . . . I loved the trains. Ellie's favorite was the circus exhibit and she talked the whole way home about, "When Uncle Sam and Aunt Meg took me to the circus and Brendan wasn't invited . . . . blah, blah, blah."

The whole excursion was just pleasant from start to finish. I didn't bring a stroller so they were both on the loose -- but they stayed close to me and didn't have tantrums when it was time to leave. We sat together and ate our peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and then we were off, big-eyed, to see more.

While visiting the "Main Street" exhibit, Ellie sauntered into the photo booth, grabbed the red hat and boa, and I couldn't say no to an over-priced, but-oh-so-cute picture. Here they are in their stage coach.


3 comments:

Cathy said...

That place is amazing. I always meant to take Ethan there, but never got around to it ... hopefully we'll visit Chicago soon!

Anonymous said...

I love the Museum of Science and Industry but I haven't been there in SO LONG! I hate driving downtown alone. Maybe I'll master it this summer...

Caitlin Murray Giles said...

I really can't recommend this place highly enough. When I take the kids to the Field Musuem, they have a hard time engaging (except for the dinos). At the Musuem of Science and Industry, the kiddos were able to really connect with so many of the exhibits. I want to go back and see the blown glass exhibit that is there now.